Hey Everyone!
I need you shoe lovers to check out this online business, its called Sole of a Woman, and the shoes and boots are gorgeous! Not only do they offer some of the most unique and hottest shoes but it's ran by two very determined woman. Latika Larry is a busy 33 year old mother of two and a member of Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority. Always striving for excellence she has returned to school to complete her B.S. in Criminal Justice in hopes of helping the troubled youth in her community. Co-owner of Shades of Ebony Events & its shoe entity Sole of a Woman, she is also Sole Owner of Prototype Promos, a haven for Greeks of all organizations to purchase paraphernalia to represent themselves properly, creatively, and most importantly economically; personalized gift items and promotional items for your small business are available as well.
Shaundretta Boykins is an equally busy 31 year old Christian wife who is passionate about seeing others (especially minority women) be successful and a member of Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority. She has a B.S. in Criminology, Sociology, and African American Studies from Ohio State University, and is a Co-Owner of Shades of Ebony Events & its shoe entity Sole of a Woman, as well as a Branch Manager at Chase Bank.
![]() |
| Latika and Shaundretta |
Read our interview below and you'll see why these two women are Candy Coated women!
When did you begin your business?
Our business officially began October 31, 2009
What inspired you to go into business for yourself?
Latika: After I lost a job that I had for 6 years it inspired me to venture off and start my own business-I didn’t want to be solely reliant on a company that let me go over something foolish. Later I had an experience with a shoe company that did home parties and I felt that I could improve and capitalize on it, and with shoes being a passion of mine, it seemed only fit that I sell them, so that’s how Shades of Ebony Events/Sole of a Woman came about!
Shaundretta: I always wanted to spend a lot of time in sales, so I figured why not sale something I am passionate about.
What is one positive and one negative of owning your own business?
Latika: One positive is just the fact that I am a small business owner-I take a lot of pride in that. I also love planning events that bring people together, whatever the reason may be. On a negative note, it has its ups and downs, as far as sales go, but fortunately we plan events also so there are other avenues to gain revenue.
Shaundretta: Positive is that I get a chance to make it be whatever it's going to be. It gives me creative freedom. The negative is that there are seasons in retail where business is booming and then business slows down.What inspires you to keep going when the road ahead is unclear?
Shaundretta: Fresh ideas, keep me inspired, my business partners, family friends and it's my dream so I push for it to come into fruition.
If you could give a piece of advice to a young aspiring female entrepreneur, what would that be?
Latika: Keep it movin-anything worth having is worth working for, and hardly nothing is an overnight success, so persistence and consistency is the key.
Shaundretta: Stay the course, it will not be easy but it will be worth it.
Where do you see your business in the next year?
Latika: I believe we will be more well-known for the events that we plan and still be recognized for our shoe parties and the hot shoes that we sell.
Shaundretta: Very profitable
Where can shoe lovers find your fabulous shoes and how can they purchase?
Latika: Currently our selection is on facebook, our name is “Sole Sistahs” and we also have a fan page under “Shades of Ebony Events.” We also have a blog at http://sole-of-a-woman.blogspot.com/ where you can stay up-to-date on our events and specials as we have them. Lastly, you can follow us on twitter under @soleofawoman as well!




Spins & Faints!!!!!! I'm in! Thanks for this post.
ReplyDeleteWe really appreciate the feature girl!!! Thank you sooo much for the exposure-so glad we crossed paths!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL, I think I did the same when I saw those shoes!
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome! I love to support my fellow women entrepreneurs, especially those that are positive and making a difference!
ReplyDeleteCool shoes for any occasions! My siblings would love this.
ReplyDelete