I've been reading articles on networking, finding like minded individuals, support groups and mentors when you're an entrepreneur. Well, I've met some amazing talented and resourceful individuals via social networks that I have called upon countless times. But its also wise to go to events and meet people face to face, that person you may have crossed several times and never knew who they were. What I am learning is that networking is NOT about getting a new client or making a sale, its making deep connections to nurture and grow. What do you have to offer someone to help them achieve their goals? What does that person have to offer you? It may not be the sale or new client that your looking for but it could be the amazing words of wisdom they offer. It could be the support they offer.
The next time you are at a networking event, learn from the people you talk to and share your experiences. You'll find in the long run you've gained much more than a sale or new client.
As always Be Candy Coated!
This is a really awesome post I like when people understand what networking really is thanks for the post
ReplyDeleteThanks Kevin, it took me a while to understand. Now I'm glad to pass on what I've discovered!
ReplyDelete