I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings was my first introduction to her. Over the years I selfishly thought of her as my own mentor, counselor, advisor, friend. Her words were magnetic and soothing to my soul during times of trials and tribulation. Although I know we can't hold on to those we love forever, I just imagined that as I continued to grow into my purpose, I would still have her around to guide me.
The power of one woman to connect so many. To touch so deeply and help to enrich so many lives. She lived her life gracefully, confidently and never wavering from her truths. Maya Angelou left a legacy that will forever be untouched, honored and preserved. One can only imagine God's joy seeing how magnificently she lived out His purpose. Job well done, a life not only of success but of significance has been lived right before our eyes.
As she takes her seat among so many greats, her spirit and legacy continues to live in all of our hearts. May you rest peacefully Maya Angelou, your presence will certainly be missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment