Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sitting in the Time Out Chair

Sitting on my sun porch, relaxing and listening to the various music in the background, for the first time in a long time I have no where to go and not expecting to be anywhere. It's a great feeling and the peace of mind that I feel is indescribable. I've been taking a much needed break from CC Bags and focusing more on me, my family and my finances. I was battling a job that I absolutely hated but had to pay the bills so I had to do what I had to do. I'm sure you've all been in a job where you literally had to pray in the parking lot before you went in the door, asking the Lord to hold your tongue so that you don't go off on anyone. Oh, that's just me, oh okay, lol.

That was one part of my decision to fall back, that job took up 90% of my time, which was mentally and physically draining. The second reason I took a break was, Candy Coated Bags was going in a direction that I wasn't really happy with. I was getting bits of advice and information from all over but instead of making my business grow, I was steady seeing my savings decrease and profit was barely breaking even. Not cool...at all. My hobby and love of purses turned into a road map going in all different directions and I was lost. Not to mention, my family was suffering from the stress from the the job and the chaos from the biz. Something had to be done, I needed to get the essence of me back and a bit of happiness back into my life.

Well, I've since got a new job that I absolutely love, I am once again treated like an adult and not micro managed, aahh, peace at last! *doing the dougie*   I'm working on a new plan for Candy Coated Bags, back to a hobby and expression of me being the Candy Coated woman that I am :). The website is currently being re-worked and re-designed. Unfortunately I don't have a date for the re-launch but trust me you will hear about it when its ready!!! And my kids, where would I be without my babies. I will never sacrifice the precious time I have with them again. The past few months have been filled with awesome moments that will be cherished for a lifetime.

As you can see, I've gave the blog a new look and feel. You'll start seeing more expressions of me in the tag Candy Coated Reflections, my personal side, in my journey to becoming the best that I can be and forever being Candy Coated. Hope you like this post and what's more to come, would love to read your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment