Sunday, July 18, 2010

Color Therapy: Orange


Being of darker skin, I always used to shy away from warm colors such as oranges and yellows. Now, I realize they compliment my skin tone, adding a little flavor to my mocha skin. It was not until I read the post on one of my favorite blogs “Clumps of Mascara” about applying orange eyeshadow that I realized I just might be able to pull that off.

Did you know that the color orange is associated with warmth and joyfulness, it’s connected to our emotional self. Orange is also associated with social confidence, resourcefulness and happiness. The benefits of wearing something orange could help display optimism and help remove inhibitions. Interesting, huh?

The next time you're feeling a little restricted, shy or inhibited, try wearing a beautiful orange dress like Victoria Beckham or Michelle Obama




or perhaps a gorgeous orange handbag like this one found at Candy Coated Bags to brighten your mood. Or try a little orange eyeshadow to brighten your look. Either way, the color orange is optimistic and inspiring.

*Add a bit of colorful sweetness to your wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment