Friday, July 23, 2010

Save the Money in Your Handbag

Let’s face it, we all know the economy is still recovering but that still has not stopped us from spending on the things that we love. We must learn though to spend WISELY on the things we love. Budgeting, cutting down our latte levels, eating at home are all good ideas, but it takes discipline to do so. Prime example, I set a budget for myself every January, but come March, that budget is blown, lol. I love handbags, what can I say, retail therapy helps me be happy.


Fortunately, I have found a way to maintain my living expenses budget and have a “retail therapy” budget as well, by using my handy dandy Wal-Mart Visa Money Card. It’s a reloadable Visa debit card that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. Every month after I tally up my living expenses for the month, I include in a “payment” to my Wal-Mart Visa card. I use the money on that card for my online shopping excursions, my need to buy a new handbag and any other not on the budget item.


Sounds crazy right? But it’s not, because I’ve already placed the Wal-Mart card in my overall budget AND using this card, I can’t “mistakenly” go over. The key is I have to stay within my limit of the monthly amount I place on the card. Again, this is where discipline comes in! So far I’m doing well, I started in May and I started July with money left over from June!

So what do you do to save the money that’s in your handbag?



*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Wal-Mart brand products. This post if of my own opinion and based on my own experiences. Results on others may not be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment