Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Series: Save the Money in Your Handbag

We all hate the word BUDGET, but if your are not Donald Trump or Oprah, then you need to have that word in your everyday vocabulary. I shared with you in a previous post, how I fail at budgets because of my retail therapy moments. But since I have been using my handy dandy Walmart Visa debit card, I have been doing okay.

I found a great article on MSN, Money that I thought gave some good information and tips on the reason budgets fail and how to fix a broken budget:
  • Understand your motivation
  • Know your numbers
  • Get Real
  • Find a system that works for you
  • Stay flexible
These were the 5 steps suggested to fix and maintain your broken budget. Read more of this great article here:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/LearnToBudget/5StepsToFixABrokenBudget.aspx?page=1


As always, save the money in your handbag! ...so you can buy more handbags :)

No comments:

Post a Comment